We have adopted the SDG framework as a way of organising our efforts with the rest of the world with the goal of creating peace and prosperity for people and planet. Our focus is on 4 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals: -
1. End Poverty
6. Water and Sanitation
12. Sustainable Consumption & Production
15. Biodiversity, forests, desertification
Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms
We are committed to being a business that has a positive impact through supporting local communities. That’s why, to-date, we have given over $7 million to these hard- working charities and communities. Learn More >
Fair Wage Project
100% Tier 1 manufacturers are provided a living wage. Industrie works with all its direct factories to ensure their textile and garment workers are paid living wages so they can to ensure their basic living needs are met.
Goal 6: Water and Sanitation
Industrie has been running Water stewardship programs for the last 3 years. It captures 80% of our wet facilities. All key wet facilities have a water stewardship plan focussed on knowing where suppliers draw water from & what they do with it during and post production. Audits take place regularly to improve each facilities water stewardship; including a water conservation and management plan.
Goal 12: Sustainable consumption and production
Industrie is implementing a “Preferred Fibre Program” This program captures all yarns, this is focused on the following elements: Recycled, responsibly sourced, regenerative-grown, or renewable.
Industrie is working with an Australian recycler of textiles, where excess goods are decommissioned and then processed to create a raw material to be used in other industries.
Goal 15: Biodiversity, forests, desertification
Industrie is currently working on projects that we believe will have a positive impact.
Industrie is committed to ensuring that all materials are sourced responsibly and this commitment includes raw materials sourced from animals. Industrie have a dedicated Animal Welfare Policy which covers hair and fibre, fur, feather and down, leather skin products and animal testing. Suppliers are required to give full commitment and assurance that they adhere to our animal welfare policy.
- Fur - Industrie does not use real fur, leather and Skin. Industrie leathers are sourced as a by-product of another industry.
- Angora - Industrie have banned the use of angora in its supply chain.
- Feather and Down - Feather and Down is sourced purely as a by-product of other industries. Any sourced from 2019 onwards is certified by the RDS standard.
- Animal Testing -Industrie does not source products that have been used for animal testing in any way.